VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Winter Social · Tuesday, January 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jan. 14th, 7:30 pm
It is that time of year again for us to get together and enjoy the winter season together indoors for an evening! This year, the winter social will be hosted at The Pit on Tuesday, January 14th, starting at 7:30 PM AND in the clubroom with a movie, and stolen potluck items for those under 19. The Pit is a licensed establishment, which means that there is absolutely NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL! This portion of the night is also a 19+ event since it is hosted in a pub, we apologize to anyone who is unable to attend The Pit for this reason, but strongly encourage people to spend some time hanging out in the clubroom with some outdoor movies or music as well.
It will be potluck style once again! So bring your favourite dish and feel free to label it as allergy free when appropriate (ie. only if it does lack a certain allergin...). The event will be casual/semi-dress-nice, so this is your opportunity to dust off some nice dresses or shirts if you so desire. Ugly sweaters are also always welcome! We love a good ugly sweater!
Please sign up so we can gauge how many people will attend and you can list your potluck item. If you do not sign up ahead of time, however, you are still more than welcome to join! Hope to see you all there!
REMEMBER to bring your OWN UTENSILS AND EATING SURFACE! Thanks!
At the winter social we will also vote on the suggested new VOC bylaw. See the message board thread for details. This vote will occur BOTH in The Pit and the clubroom so that all members are eligible to vote, or we may congregate everyone in between the two.