VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Snowlovers' Getaway at Manning Park · Fri. Feb. 14th - Sun. Feb. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 14th
End: Sunday, Feb. 16th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside Clubroom
Hey there all you snow lovers. Mother Nature got you down this backcountry season? No worries; there's always the resorts when MN won't make it rain/snow.
I'd like to propose a romantic* Valentine's weekend getaway (Feb 14-16) at Manning Park: drive up Fri evening and camp, spend some sweet quality time with the slopes on Sat, maybe do something Sun (a short tour?), and then head back to Vancouver later that evening.
This trip is Inter-beginer friendly. That's a made up word, but it means you should be comfortable with overnight camping and reasonably competent on skis (able to make it down a green run… pizza-ing if you have to…). If you're an experienced skier, you're also welcome to come and play on the harder runs; we'll likely split into groups by ability.
If you've never been on a pair of skis or you've never camped before, you might find this trip overwhelming. If you've only been on skis once (like at teleschool) but enjoy sleeping in the snow, that's perfect! This is a good opportunity to practice both! :D
Costs: Unless we have a large enough group, lift tickets will be $50 (not including tax). There will also be a fee for overnight camping somewhere (likely not more than $15... unless anyone knows a great place to ninja camp, hehehe!)
Feel free to post any questions on the message board and hope to see your beautiful selves on those slopes ;)
*Romantic - Love of snow required. Chocolates, flowers, and sexy underwear optional.