VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Robie Reid scrambling · Fri. Jul. 25th - Sun. Jul. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 25th, 5:00 pm
End: Sunday, Jul. 27th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Jul. 21st, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
Organization is being done via email faff. Just send Luca an email with the usual info (tent, stove, car information) and he'll try to accomodate you.
Summer is here, it's time to do some scrambling!
The objective is Mt. Robie Reid, a ~2000m peak located north of Mission.
The trip will involve a steep (steeper than the grouse grind and longer) trail section, followed by a 3rd-4th class scramble in the alpine to reach the summit. As the trailhead is near sea level, the trip will involve ~2000m of elevation gain in a day. Depending on the snowpack, ice axes may be necessary. More details will come as the trip date approaches.