VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Spring hike-in skiing - intermediate-advanced skiers · Sat. May. 24th - Sun. May. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 24th
End: Sunday, May. 25th
Objective ski something steep and long on spring snow on sunny day
possible: black tusk, wedgemount area, rainbow, joffre aussie couloir, slalok, other duffy slopes
possibly camping at a baseacamp or ski two mountains and camping at trailhead parking lot
This is a video of the kind of skiing that is the objective of this trip
There is a possibilty of forming two groups intermediate and advanced each group tackling a different but nearby objective.
Below is a picture of wedge taken may 10 posted to clubtread, looks like a big cornice into the nwcouloir - I would be up for skiing carefully down the ne arrete