VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly &Low Output, Cypress Traverse · Sunday, July 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 6th, 8:00 am
We think that a traverse-type trip along the Howe Sound Crest Trail, as far as Strachan Meadows, then up a steepish gulley to Mt Strachan, then return via the Cypress Sky Chair route, should all be fun and not too difficult. There will be some snow, but no special equipment besides boots, a lunch, and a jacket, should be required. If you want a ride, we have three seats in the car, and if you want one, or two, or three, post here, or email me. Of course if you have a car, then we can accommodate more people. We can pick up people from the west side, mostly, west of Burrard Street.