VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Long weekend Harrison Hut Trail Building Extravaganza Workhike · Sat. Aug. 2nd - Mon. Aug. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 2nd, 5:00 am
End: Monday, Aug. 4th, 11:59 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 30th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Another long weekend, another great opportunity to go work on the trail of our most remote hut, the Harrison Hut. After a giant landslide cut it off from the outside world, the VOC managed to establish - over the course of many years and with the invaluable help of countless volunteers - a new trail.
From the description of the last workhike: The trail, especially the second section, still needs lots of work to be user-friendly. We will work on the trail bed, move dirt and smooth sidehills, and install logs with rebars if needed, etc. People who had done similar works will be useful, but no experience is required for this trip (as long as you can hike with an overnight pack) - we can all learn these things together. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the club and our outdoor community - I'm sure you'll be proud to say that you worked on building a backcountry trail for others to use!
We'd camp at the end of the logging road section, because that's a good spot and reasonably close to the section of trail we'd be working on.
Depending on the number of people and drivers we get and what their preferences are, we can drive to the trailhead Friday evening, then hike in early Saturday. Details will be figured out soon.
Any questions? Ask them in the message board.
Pre-trip meeting will be Wednesday 30th of July, 7pm in the clubroom.