VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Garibaldi Neve Crossing · Fri. Sep. 19th - Sun. Sep. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 19th
End: Sunday, Sep. 21st
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 17th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This trip has been cancelled due to a low snow year, and likely a difficult to near impossible means of crossing the crevasses.
Ever wanted to travel across a glacier with open crevasses? With the use of rope teams and ice axes?
Weather dependent, this is the trip for you! The traverse is 40 km and spans from Elfin Lakes Shelter and North through Garibaldi park. The plan will be to leave Friday and hike to Elfin shelter Fiday night, and then traverse towards the North end Saturday and Sunday, camping somewhere in the middle. This trip is extremely weather dependent! Some experiene with ice axes and rope teams would be useful, but depending on the ratio of experienced to non/less-eperienced people, may not be necessary as we can help teach a few people along the way.
Ideally we need two car-loads of people due to the one-way nature of this trip as we need a car shuttle or to swap cars. The max group size is 10 for logistically reasons.
Read this old trip report to get stoked: http://inmagicland.com/2009/09/garibaldi-neve-traverse-2/