VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Self-propelled Squamish Climbing/ Hike the Chief Weekend · Sat. Aug. 20th - Sun. Aug. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : not enough people interested + other things came up
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 20th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 21st, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 17th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: beach or club room 6:30pm
This will either be a day trip or a weekend trip depending on peoples interest and if I actually have time (I might have a commitment one of the days)
Let's leave the cars at home, reduce our carbon emission, use some different muscles and bike to Squamish.
There, we either hike the Chief or go climbing. The group can split up depending on the preference, too. We can finish the day up with a swim before biking back to Vancouver.
What do you need:
- a functioning bike
- capability of cycling 140km in one day
- capability of getting up at 5,5:30am or so.
Sounds good? Sounds good to me!!!
Trip will only happening in case of good weather.
Pre-trip in the club room or at the beach. I will let you know a day or two in advance.