VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut Overnight, Beginner Friendly · Sat. Sep. 13th - Sun. Sep. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 13th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 14th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 10th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Brew is our most accessible hut, involving about 5 km of walking, and at this time of the year, no snow. It's a good way to get out of the city, meet some of the other crazies in the Club, and get a small amount of work done up there (sort some firewood, haul up a Coleman stove).
You don't need a lot of gear for this. Share food/stove with somebody, bring a bad sleeping bag, and a mat from the Clubroom, bring some wimpy boots and rain gear, just in case, and you are pretty well good to go.
If you feel that you might not be good enough for this, actually you are. Questions? Ask Roland [email protected]