VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
National Ski Day · Saturday, December 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : depends on weather
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 6th, 8:00 am
End: Saturday, Dec. 6th, 4:00 pm
Saturday is National Ski Day (apparently), and Cypress Mountain has $10 lift tickets.
I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to practice tele skiing because I can get lots of runs in at a resort without forking out $60, and I can do so without a giant pack on my back. Additionally there are no other trips that weekend, and I don't have exams to prepare for :).
If anyone would like to join and learn/teach, you're more that welcome. I have room for 3 more in my car, but whether I go or not depends on the weather (or is it whether :p). It's forecast to be a slushy day, which I guess is better (i.e. less painful) to learn on than icy conditions.
I should warn you that I've only been on tele skis once, and I suck at it. Also this is the first time I've posted a new trip, so patients is a prerequisite.