VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut Backcountry Skiing - Beginner Friendly · Sat. Jan. 17th - Sun. Jan. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 17th, 12:06 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 18th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 15th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside clubroom
Saw some pictures of brew hut skiing and want to check it out
Beginner friendly ski trip but AST is required. I have been there once on the Alcoholic Traverse.
Plan to drive up the road and skin to the hut and ski around the hut. Apparently the weather around brew hut is quite gnarly so the trip will be on if the freezing level and avy risk are reasonable. Pray for clear weather.
Be prepared to ski in fog - although if it is foggy we will probably end up skiing the trees north of the hut.
I dont have a car, hopefully someone interested has a car with snow tires and is comfortable driving on snow - I ahve heard nightmares about cars going off the road on the way out from the parking area for this trip.
No message board thread email me with questions/concerns/comments