VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
How to Become a Great Trip Leader (Fundamentals)! · Thursday, March 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 5th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buchanan D313
Ever led a trip before but you’ve felt that your skills could use refinement? Or wonder why some trip organizers consistently get full trips year after year and you wish yours did too? Or did you just attend the Becoming a Trip Leader discussion and wish to expand beyond the basics? Whatever your reason, there is a solution! Join me, Zack Wentz, an AMGA certified Single Pitch Instructor, to discuss the skills that make a good leader into a great leader! Topics covered will include: leadership attitudes, hard vs. soft skill development, decision-making, future development, and more! This is a fundamentals course in leadership development, so no prerequisite knowledge is necessary. Get stoked to keep the stoke going out there!