VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Longhike 2011 · Fri. Sep. 30th - Sun. Oct. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 30th
End: Sunday, Oct. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 28th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: WOOD 6
PLEASE NOTE: mandatory pretrip-meeting is this wednesday (28th) in WOOD 6 at 7pm! (only instructors meet at 6 pm!)
If you sleep in a cabin (3 beds) you don't have to bring a sleeping bag!
THE ANNUAL CLIMBING/PARTY EVENT IS GETTING CLOSER
TICKET SALES STARTING MONDAY 19TH DURING GEAR HOURS!!
Ticket prices: $40 ($60 for cabin tickets)
We have 130 tickets (100 camping, 30 cabin)
When you buy your ticket you have to sign up for your preferred rock level:
Rock 1: top-roping: Learn to put on a harness, belay and climb rock.
Rock 2: anchor building: Learn to build different type of anchors for the purpose of top roping. Maybe rapelling should be taught here too.
Rock 3: sport climbing: Learn to clip bolts, lead belay, how not to back-clip or z-clip, etc...
Rock 4: trad climbing: Learn how to place a variety of protection, build trad anchors, etc...
Some more information:
-instructor lists are full, thanks for signing up!!
-tickets will also be available on club days (instructors get their tickets at the pretrip meeting)
-Pretrip meeting on september 28th in IRC 6 (6pm for instructors, 7pm for students)
-some people will drive up to squamish on friday night, but most people start saturday morning to meet in the smoke bluffs parking lot, then climb the whole day (in their rock groups!) and go to camp (sunwolf) in the evening for BBQ and PARTY (plus beer for $3)!! You should bring some yummy dessert for saturday evening. On sunday you can go climbing again!
-you have to bring your own lunch/breakfast for saturday and sunday.
If you need to know more to decide if you want to come just email me or ask during gear hours/club days!