VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut Trip, lights · Sat. Mar. 28th - Sun. Mar. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 28th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 25th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom, or else Banquet
This is the trip you have all been waiting for. We will go up to the Brew Hut and use our diverse skills to install the solar lighting kit. Actually we don't have any diverse skills but that's totally OK because we will develop skills. We have a moderate amount of stuff to carry, like the biggest piece is 1.5 kg, so that should not be a problem. We should bring snowshoes because the last time I was up there I punched holes for a long way and that was tiring. As usual, rides will be scarce, but we can probably get two cars up there, or 1 x 4wd + 1 with the passengers being ferried. If you are pretty sure you can come and you want to come, sign up as committed asap. This trip should be HOT!
If you have no detectable skills but you can walk, that's good enough.
If winter finally arrives between now and the 28th, that will be inconvenient, because right now the road is clear of snow, but we can probably cope.