VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Three VOC huts in a week · Sat. May. 9th - Mon. May. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 9th, 6:00 am
End: Monday, May. 18th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, May. 4th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Do you want to visit the VOC huts? Here is your chance!
On the week of May 9-18th we will visit three of the four VOC huts.
First we will head up to Phelix and visit the hut for a day or two (this can also be a weekend trip for those who don't have a week to spare). The Phelix road needs some work so we will bring along a brush saw. Phelix also needs a new door so we can take the initial measurments for this.
Then it would not be too far to drive to Harrison (weekdays). We can see how the bridge held up during the winter, check the new outhouse for marmots, and visit the hotsprings.
Then I would like to try to ski from Harrison to Brew over a few days(3-5) if the weather and avy conditions are good. If I can get someone (or a group) to do this with me, we could meet another group (driving from Harrison-Brew) at Brew Hut a few days later (another potential weekend trip).
Burton hut seems like it would be a bit difficult to get to without bushwhacking. We would also probably be kind of tired by this point.
If you like the VOC huts and are interested in longer trips this might be the trip for you.
Note: Although we probably won't travel super fast this might not be a beginner friendly trip. The total distance is around ~120km over the week and there is some reasonable elevation gain/loss.