VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
May Geocaching Daytrip! Beginner Friendly! · Saturday, May 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 23rd, 8:30 am
End: Saturday, May. 23rd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 20th
Pre-trip meeting location: none, email faff
UPDATE!!! This is now going to be a daytrip, and we are headed to the lynn headwaters area due to the prolifity of geocaches there! The plan is to hike up to Norvan falls finding geocaches along the way. From there, depending on how much time we have, we can hike a little further or just head back. This trip is transit accessible (via the 210 or 228) and definitely beginner friendly. See the summer daytrip gear list for what you should bring (http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_lists#Summer_day_trip ). Also, if you have a GPS please bring it! I'd like to meet at the park entrance at 8:30, please email me or post to the message board if you have any questions!
The sun be a shinin, winter's work be done, and me thinks there be nothin so fine as findin treasure up'n them hills yonder. Bin told there be stashes o loot an booty hidd'n 'bout the land, and a lubber meself, I be keen to fin' 'em all! So Cap'n Artem an I be a lookin' for plenty o brave lads an' lassies t'join arrh quest. At first light we be headin' North, where we smartly cross hill an valley in search of that fine swag. When our pockets be full and our stomachs empty, we feast an' sing sweet chanteys round the fire. Aft we sleep neath them stars and climb some sweet cliffs come morn.
We invite all ye brave lubbers t'join us, but we be not tolerant of any bilge suckers or poxy addlepates!
Sign up ye scurvy dogs!
Ok pirate shenanigans aside - Artem and I are planning to go Geocaching the first weekend of May! For those who don't know, Geocaching is essentially a world wide treasure hunt. People hide ''caches'' in random locations, urban and remote, and upload their location's GPS coordinates to a website. Then, others can go out and hunt for them! It's a super cool concept and I'm really excited to give it try!