VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Annual Indian Arm Uber Beginner Friendly Sea Kayaking Bonanza · Sat. Sep. 19th - Sun. Sep. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 19th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Everyone's favorite annual September trip is back, and it's going to be better than ever. Actually, it'll probably be the exact same as last year but that's still pretty sweet.
We'll rent double kayaks from Deep Cove (about $100 per person) and paddle up to Granite Falls to spend the night. You are welcome to bring your own boat if you have one. Im also looking for 3-6 people with kayaking experience to helpout, teach, and run safety. Shoot me a message if you are interested in helping and/or have your own boat.
The boats are super stable and we arent paddling too far so this is a super beginner friendly trip (it was my first ever VOC trip). An ability so swim is necessary though!
The current plan is to leave from Deep Cove at 9am (arrive at 8), paddle to Granite Falls, stopping along the way for lunch. Then we'll set up camp, swim, relax, and explore and then have a dinner/dessert/drinks potluck. We should be back at Deep Cove around 4 or 5 on Sunday.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
PSA: This trip is usually very popular and fills up quickly. I'll be opening interested/committed sign ups in late August/early September. Be sure to sign up quickly!