Archive:Son of Rock 2012
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
Son of Rock is the traditional spring/summer instructional climbing trip. The rock is finally dry, the snow sucks, and the days are long. The plan is to have several stations set up in the vicinity of the Smoke Bluffs in Squamish. There will be at least one instructor at each station. All ability levels are welcome and no climbing experience is necessary. Tentatively there will be 4 skill levels: absolute beginner, anchor placement, sport lead climbing, and trad climbing. Group size will be determined by instructor availability.
Trip organizer: Todd Mackenzie
location: Meet on Saturday in the Smoke Bluffs parking lot at 9:00 am. Meeting again at 6pm at the end of the day at the same location.
Please sign up and list which categories you can teach. We will need at least a dozen instructors to make this happen.
- Todd Mackenzie (teaching trad and has full rack)
- Veronika Schmitt (can teach up to #3 or assist any level, pretrip at 4.30 fine)
- Will Beattie (teach up to #3)
- Jon Leighton (teach any level) pre-trip 6pm or later
- Moos Van Caspel (teach 3 or 4) - no preference for pretip time
- Jeff Taylor (can teach up to #3) - cannot make a 4:30 pretrip due to work obligations
- Phil Tomlinson (up to 2)
- Erica Lay (any level, prefer 4,have full rack)
- Katherine Valentine (up to 3) - can make either pre-trip time.
- Sabrina Burkhardt (up to 3, prefer 3)
- Skyler Des Roches (teach 3 or 4)
- Scott MacPherson (would like to teach 1 or 2) confirmed instructing, both 4:30 an 6:00 work for me.
- Isabel Verse (assistants for level 1/2 needed?)
- Philip Daoust (1,2,3 have trad gear)..we are throwing around the idea of a self rescue workshop
- Conrad Koziol 1 or 2
- Knut Kitching (will teach any level, have full rack/ropes)
- Spencer Rasmussen 1
- Sam Viavant 1,2, or 3. Prefer 4:30, but I can make 6 since other people can't do 4:30
- Jen Williams (any level, preferably 3 or 4). Pre-trip 6pm or later.