VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Learning to Mountaineer in the French and Austrian Alps, Jake Jones · Wednesday, January 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 20th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB (Earth and Ocean Sciences) 2012
Interested in exciting travel and alpine adventure? Love natural beauty? Keen to explore above and beyond the crag and conquer the high mountains? You need to mountaineer!
Last summer I (Jake Jones) learnt the skills needed to survive in the alpine environment in the French and Austrian Alps. In this presentation I'll share my adventures (the awesome, the exciting and the stupid), give tips on getting into mountaineering, offer advice for finding funding and subsidized courses, and spread the stoke for alpinism!
See you there!
Location: ESB (Earth and Ocean Sciences) 2012
Time: 7:00 PM
Covert beverage drinking encouraged.