VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hauling fire extinguishers to Brian Waddington (Phelix) Hut · Fri. Jan. 15th - Sun. Jan. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 15th
End: Sunday, Jan. 17th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Yes, Phelix Hut needs new fire extinguishers and we better bring them up soon, before people get a little too overexited when grilling their veggies in the hut.. We want to preserve this view
as long as possible ;)
I'd like to go to Phelix with a few people, who already have skied a little before. Ideally we leave Vancouver Friday night, car-camp at the trailhead, go up to the hut Saturday morning where we stay the night and return on Sunday.The terrain is not very beginner friendly and a bit challenging - expecially with the huge extinguishers on the back...
This will be my first trip to a hut and I am reeeeaaaally looking forward to it!