VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Joffre Lakes + Tszil Peak (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jun. 25th - Sun. Jun. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 25th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jun. 26th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 22nd, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Lakes, peaks, and glaciers. What’s not to like?
We’ll hike up to Joffre Lakes on Saturday, drop our overnight stuff and head up to Tszil Peak. We'll camp at the lakes and go back to the cars on Sunday morning. This trip is beginner-friendly, if you are new to overnight trips you are more than welcome! The round-trip distance for the weekend is 16.0 km (including up to Tszil Peak) and elevation gain is 1140m. There will be a small amount of scrambling involved. Let me know if you have any questions!