VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
The Hoppin' Hawaiian Hollyburn Mountain Snowshoe-- Beginner-Friendly! · Saturday, February 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Feb. 6th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Home for reading week? Looking to get outside before class starts and make some new friends? Sad you couldn't voyage to a sun-filled destination this spring break?
WELL FEAR NOT, we have the trip for you! We are planning a super beginner-friendly snowshoe/hike trip to Hollyburn Mountain. We will probably end up hanging out somewhere afterwards as well if people are interested!
Interest and basic experience in walking up hills for fun
-Bring lunch and snacks
-Plenty of hawaiian-themed stoke! Please also wear fun hawaii-related things so we can pretend we are vacationing in the sunshine
Trip costume vibes:
-This trip is being run by both me and Brynn McLellan ([email protected]) so feel free to email either one of us (or both) with questions
-If you can drive people you will be guaranteed a spot
-We will be sending out more of a plan and more info closer to the pre-trip, which is earlier than usual to avoid taking up time during the intense midterm week that follows so mark your calendars
**Also, if anybody is interested, Brynn would be down to lead a trail run (/jog) up this hike if the snow is packed enough-- email us and let us know**