VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Joffre Lakes Day Hike (Beginner Friendly) · Sunday, July 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 9th, 4:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 9th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 5th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Lets go to Joffre Lakes! Joffree Lake Provincial Park is located just north of Pemberton B.C. The hike includes getting out of the city, passing three different lakes, and breathtaking views of the surrounding area such as the Mathier Glacier. It is moderate hike that is an 11k round trip, about 400 m of elevation gain and is approximately 5 hours. While it is beginner friendly, expect it to be a full day with a long drive approx. 3 hours each way and 11 kms of walking.This is a beginner friendly trip meaning that we will stay together as a group and keeping an average hiking pace. It is a fairly well used trail so should be fairly straight forward for our group.
The trip will include things like:
-Stoping for lunch
- Opportunities for beautiful photos of ice blue lakes
- An opportunity to jump in a lake (skinny dipping is welcome)
The pretrip meeting will occur on the Wednesday before the trip at the clubroom on campus at 7:00 pm. We will go through the hike, what to bring, and sort out cars. More info on what to bring can be found here on the VOC gearlist here