VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brews at Brew: A Centennial Celebration! · Sun. Sep. 3rd - Mon. Sep. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 3rd, 9:00 am
End: Monday, Sep. 4th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email Faff
IMPORTANT - SIGN UP MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE 11pm ON THURSDAY AUGUST 31
Come one, come all to the one and only Brews at Brew! In an effort to extend the celebration of our beloved club's 100th anniversary, we will retire, en masse, to Brew Hut for an evening of solemn contemplation of our centenniary. Our rejoicing, revery, and reunion will be facilitated by a 50lb keg of the nectar which begot society as we know it today (reference). All that stands in our way is the distance between the trailhead and the hut!
We will make a leaisurely departure from Vancouver (~9am) on Sunday morning, hike to the hut Sunday afternoon, bask in the accomplishments of 100 years of the VOC (and having lugged a keg so far) in the evening, and return on Monday.
For this trip, participants should be comfortable with safe and respectful backcountry travel, and have previous backpacking experience. Car spots, tent groups, and food groups will be sorted out via email next week.
Sign up for this trip will be done through the centennial signup tool here