VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Christmas at Lizzie Cabin or Wendy Thompson · Sun. Dec. 24th - Tue. Dec. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Dec. 24th
End: Tuesday, Dec. 26th
Pre-trip meeting location: e-mail / phone
Friday update: We're going to Wendy Thompson. Modo is booked. It has full-on winter tires. There are two spaces left in the car.
Update dec 20: We cancelled this trip when we found a car ride to Wendy Thompson Hut. But later that fell through. Now looking for a driver or people to spread the cost of the Modo. We have a reservation for Wendy Thompson 23-25 dec, so we'll probably stick to that. Reservations are $30 for the 2 nights for VOC student members. I wouldn't be surprised if things still change, so please e-mail or call me to get the newest update.
Let's check out Lizzie Creek Cabin for the Christmas holidays.
We'll go on tele-skis (or AT if you really have to ;) The first day is a long-day approach. The second day we're free to play, i. e. ski. On the third day we'll ski out and if we're fast we can stop by skookumchuck hot springs on our way home.
- very good fitness, so you can skin all day long with short breaks.
- be able to ski okay-ish
- companion rescue course or AST from an accredited mountain school.
You'll need to bring all the things on the winter trip gear list, including a tent.
Drivers get priority. If we don't have one, I'll rent a car.