VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Heather End of Classes Celebration · Fri. Dec. 2nd - Mon. Dec. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Too much sun in the forecast, the bluffs are calling to me for some December climbing!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Dec. 2nd
End: Monday, Dec. 5th
Classes are done. Exams start soon. Make use of this brief window of freedom and celebrate with a relaxing weekend of turns up at Red Heather!
Weekend of Friday December 2nd
Red Heather is in the Diamond Head Area, right by squamish. It's only 5km up the trail towards Elfin lakes, making it an easy afternoon camping destination. Unfortunately it's only a warming hut, so you'll have to tent. However the hut is good for everything else (think cooking, dancing...) and can get quite warm. There's a wood stove and propane burners that are almost certainly not working. The road up can be quite treacherous, chains are mandatory.
This is not an organized trip, but rather a way for people to organize themselves and hopefully get a party going up. Hopefully this page can get rides worked out, and people can work out food / tent / ski groups from there. Come and leave whenever you want, just make sure it's the same as the rest of the people in your car.