VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Snowshoeing to Elfin Lakes (beginner friendly) · Sat. Mar. 17th - Sun. Mar. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Avalanche danger - trip either postponed or we go to Red Heather instead
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 17th
End: Sunday, Mar. 18th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Because of the avalanche situation we cannot go to Elfin Lakes this weekend. Email me or better use the message board (http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,81973) if you have any thoughts on this or would like to go to Red Heather instead.
Come with us to Elfin Lakes hut for a nice weekend of snowshoing. We'll have two great days of hiking, playing in the snow and taking in
amazing views of nearby Mt Garibaldi.
This trip is rated beginner friendly, because apart from general fitness no special skills are required. Snowshoes can be rented from the club. You don't have to have any prior outdoor experience. We'll start very early on Saturday morning and should be able to arrive at the hut in the afternoon. In the evening, we should have a desert potluck, so bring something yummy to share.
On Sunday we'll hike the same way out, this time downhill, which should be faster.
Skiers are welcome to join if they can take care of themselves.
Here is a wiki with more details.