VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Iago Intro to Backcountry Skiing · Sat. Apr. 9th - Sun. Apr. 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 9th
End: Sunday, Apr. 10th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 6th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
If you have never been on skis, or never been on skis in the back-country, never camped in the snow or just wish to have a relaxing weekend in the outdoors - then this trip is for you!
The plan is to head up the Coquihalla up to the Zopkios Ridge Lookout. From here we will ski up an old road into the forest for a couple of kilometres. We will when ski over the col between Iago and Zupjok Peak to a flat clear cut area North East of Iago Peak. Here we will pits our tents and then go for a couple of mellow runs of the Iago Ridge. Sunday we can either ski Zupjok peak or Great Bear peak that both have nice ski runs.
The ski in is very mellow and not very long, which makes this an ideal beginner friendly (in the words original meaning) destination. The slopes on from Iago are nice and mellow for the people new on skis.
There is also a daytrip going to this area on Saturday if you cannot commit to the whole weekend.