VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Three Brothers Ski Traverse · Sat. May. 11th - Sun. May. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 11th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, May. 12th, 8:00 pm
In general this will be an beginner friendly ski tour in gentle terrain in manning park. The round trip is 20 km and involve around 1000 meters of elevation, but side trips can be added for everyone feeling more adventurous.
More specifically the plan is to ski up fat dog creek trail to the ridge of the three brothers. From here we can ski to the top of as many of the locale maxima as we wish (buck, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th brother). We will camp somewhere along the ridge (maybe kicking horse camp - depending on progress). Sunday we will either sleep in, or ski any of the peaks we missed on Saturday depending on weather. All the peaks are mellow and therefor beginner friendly. For the return trip we will ski down the Similkameen Headwaters fireroad ending up at the same parking lot where we started.