VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Gardner hike (Beginner friendly) · Saturday, May 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 11th
Since I am not a climbing fan and I want do something next weekend, I want to hike Mt Gardner on Saturday (Bowen Island). We don't need any cars since it is transit accessible (having cars would however be useful to arrive faster at Horseshoe Bay).
Here and there are some details of the trail. I am thinking of doing the "Skid Trail" since it sounds more pleasant, and maybe go down by the logging road. If people have bikes, we could bring them and bike to the trailhead instead of walking (there is no bus between the ferry and the trailhead, the distance is about 3km).
We could take the 9am ferry (we should arrive around 8:40-45 since the ticket sales end 10 minutes before). It takes 20 minutes to reach the island. It will cost less than 10$, even with a bike.
Here is a list of what you need to bring (no need for climbing gear)
We won't have a pre-trip meeting, we will sort out things via email/message board