VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
DIY wilderness first aid refresher course 5 · Monday, June 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Jun. 10th, 6:30 pm
I'm organizing a self-taught wilderness first aid refresher course, mainly for people who already took some sort of first aid course before, but it is open for everyone.
If you missed the last session(s) you can still attend just fine since we will discuss another topic.
Note that this is not at all a professional course. More details can be found in the message board: http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,93674 Please post any questions or suggestions there.
Location: Buchanan building, BUCH D207 (same room than last time)
Starting time: 6:30pm
Topic: Marie-Eve will introduce us to frostbite and immersion foot
What to bring: first aid equipment or gear that can be used for improvising, related books, laptops, notes from courses etc.