VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Über-beginner-friendly trip to Brew hut + BBQ and beer · Sat. Sep. 28th - Sun. Sep. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 28th
End: Sunday, Sep. 29th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Sep. 26th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: club room
Yes, this trip will happen at the same day as the Brew workhike.
Why should YOU come? We need many members to:
- Carry windows and tools to the hut
- Install new windows at Brew hut
- Gather firewood and fill the woodshed
- Generaly clean-up and getting the hut ready for the winter
Get together after the work is finished to
- Help us finishing 40l of freshly brewed beverage of the beer variety.
- Enjoy a BBQ-social in a great location.
This is the perfect opportunity for new and old members to:
- Get their workhike out of the way (doing a workhike allows you to rent out gear year-round)
- Get an instant reward for your help with BBQ 'n beer
- Socialize with long-term members of the VOC and hear about amazing stories
- Visit the legendary Brew hut; the hike is 3 hours max.
This trip is Uber-beginner-friendly; no previous knowledge required.
If you have never hiked, you should consider to come to this trip. If you have any question, feel free to post it on the message board. Friendly VOC members will help you out. If you wonder what to bring, check out this list Please ask me if you are in doubt.
If you worry that you are not strong enough to help out; worry no more. Every small helping hand is better than no helping hand.