VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Hut exploration · Sat. Nov. 30th - Sun. Dec. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 30th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 1st, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 27th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Recently, Powder Mountain Catskiing, a catskiing operation based in Whistler, has proposed to expand their tenure dangerously close to the VOC's Brew Hut. The VOC has some concerns with this plan since it would most likely impact our skiing opportunities from the hut. As a way of getting a better idea of what the proposed expansion entails and what we can do about it, we will be heading up to Brew Hut for the weekend, do some exploring, get some GPS information and hopefully get a nice snowshoe/ski tour along the way.