VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Costumed Powderama (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Feb. 1st - Sun. Feb. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 1st, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Feb. 2nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 28th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
There exists a trip of Golden Fleece'd skiers who intend on spreading their tyrannical orange scourge across the land. They must be stopped, and we will meet them on a battlefield of our choosing.
To bring balance to the force, we will be seeking to slay the powder dragon wearing costumes. Animal costumes, super hero outfits, masks, swords/shields, and tutus are all welcome. I have at least four outfits that are available to borrow.
Because those costumed items are heavy and cumbersome, we'll likely be going somewhere with a short approach. We might end up in the Duffy depending on conditions, or we might stick to Red Heather. Car camping will probably make life the easiest. The location will be finalized after a lengthy discussion involving beer and napkin diagrams. We might go for three days somewhere, since some of the short approach places will be busy if we leave Saturday morning.
The pre-trip meeting location will be finalized based on who is coming on the trip. We'll probably end up having a dessert potluck.