VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Cross-Country Skiing · Saturday, March 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 1st, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: No pre-trip
If you've never cross-country skied or done a bit, but want some tips and feedback on your technique, this trip is for you! It will be a one day instructional event held in the Callaghan Valley at Whistler Olympic Park.
The format will depend on the number of people, instructors and how many people want to do skate vs. classic skiing. It will most likely consist of a morning technique session followed by an afternoon of free skiing.
If you just want to ski, you can sign up to get the group discount ticket price (15% off). The regular ticket price is $23.50. As the club doesn't have any cross-country equipment you will need to either borrow from friends, rent from the city or rent from Whistler Olympic Park.
Please sign up if you're keen to help instruct.
Stoke feeder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ektfgA1PWy0