VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Bicycle Touring: Vancouver Island · Sat. Jul. 19th - Sun. Jul. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 19th
End: Sunday, Jul. 20th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
If you like bicycling to UBC you will love bicycle touring. Everyones first tour can be intimidating, so why not do it with some friendly and experienced people. Also the biking culture in the VOC is pretty thin, which needs to be changed because bicycling is awesome.
This trip is designed to be beginner friendly, the distances required will depend on those that sign up. If you commute on your bike you are good enough to sign up for this trip. If everyone is experienced, then we can do longer distances. Vancouver island is a great destination for this because there is a 30km bike to the ferry which can be accessed by public transit if you are uncomfortable with the distances proposed.
To do this trip you need a safe bike: one that has working brakes, and can change gears consistently. Let me know if you dont have one of these as I can help you fix yours, or find one that someone can lend. If you have any doubt in your bike let me know because I would rather spend time fixing your bike at UBC than on the road. We will be camping so you will need a rack for your gear.
Lets put the fun between our legs!