VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Colliseum Mountain, BF, Medium Output · Saturday, July 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 19th, 7:00 am
So, it's going to rain a bit, but by Saturday there should be only a few light showers to keep us cool. Colliseum is approached via Lynn Valley, and is probably 22 km round trip, but half of that is walking up and down the Lynn Valley trails. No technical equipment is required other than boots, a lunch, and, just in case, some rain gear. We don't hike very fast, but we are persistent. If you are trying to get up all the summits in the lower mainland, or even if you aren't, this is not a bad place to start. We have three seats available in the CRV; email me asap if you want one (or three). Of course other cars are welcome, and if you are really desperate, there's a bus to Lynn Valley.