VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Day Hike to Brunswick · Sunday, September 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 7th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Friday, Sep. 5th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom in SUB Basement
Looking for a fun intro to the VOC? Come hike to the top of Brunswick mountain.
Meet at the parking lot at 8:45am.
Pre trip meeting in the VOC clubroom at 5:30pm on Friday September 5th.
Bring sturdy hiking boots, make sure they do not give you blisters. If you have not worn them before, wear them to school for a day and see if they are comfy. The hike is 7.3km and 1550m elevation gain. There is a small bit of scrambling leading to an awesome 360 degree panorama view. The trail is quite steep in parts. We will start the hike at 8:30am, and be back in the evening. Bring sufficient food. Remember there are no garbages on the trail. Leave no trace and pack out what you pack in!
- Hiking Shoes (Available for free rental from the club)
- 3 litres of water
If you have Trekking poles they would be nice to bring on the trip.
Note you will not be allowed on the trip without the mandatory gear listed above. My gear hours are 6:30pm-7:30pm Thursday, and the club room is also open at lunch. i will be there at 1:00pm Thursday. See here for updated gear hours.