VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hanes Valley Day Hike (Beginner friendly) · Saturday, October 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 18th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 15th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Tired of studying for midterms or working on reports? Feeling like the wildest hike you've been on recently is through the construction on campus but don't have the time to spend an entire weekend out of the city? Well this is the trip for you!
The current plan is to head up to Lynn creek early Saturday morning and then hike for a few hours (however long it takes us to hike 16km) and end up on top of Grouse Mountain and then take the BCMC trail or gondola down, depending on how people feel. Conveniently we can take buses to and from the start and end of the trail so we won't be limited by number of car spots AND it's a great opportunity to use your bus pass for something more enjoyable than the b-line.
I'm calling this beginner friendly for now as I'm willing to take anyone that's stoked enough to do this, however I can't promise it'll be a walk in the park. Some level of fitness would be ideal as it will be a longish day of hiking. More details on the hike can be found here and here!
Other notes: Hiking boots are mandatory. All of the gear you would need for this trip can be rented from the VOC. This trip could be moved to the Sunday, it mostly depends on when the weather is best and what works best for those interested. More details will be posted closer to the date.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email me ([email protected]) or come visit me during my gear hours (Monday 6:00-7:00)