VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
International Paddling Film Festival · Friday, March 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 27th, 7:00 pm
INTERNATIONAL PADDLING FILM FESTIVAL
The Sea Kayak Association of BC presents the 10th Annual Reel Paddling Film Festival at Langara College, A130 Theatre
100 W 49th Ave, Vancouver (2 blocks E of Langara – 49th Ave SkyTrain)
Friday, March 27, 2015 7:00 pm (doors open 6:40 pm)
Proceeds from the event will be donated to BC Marine Trails Network Association, working to bring paddlers and small boaters wonderful, secure BC coastal recreation destinations for generations to come. This international film tour presents the world’s best whitewater, sea kayaking, canoeing, SUP and kayak fishing action and paddling lifestyle films of the year on screens in 100-plus cities across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.
With 23 inspiring paddling films short-listed for the World Tour, including the ten festival category winners, audiences can expect to see stand-up paddle surfing, hairy whitewater action, sea kayakers exploring remote coastlines, headwaters canoe expeditions, international river travel films, motivating environmental documentaries,
gruelling kayak fishing battles and hilarious short films capturing the lighter side of paddling life.
With the $15 (advance) or $17 (at door) ticket to our show, our audience also receive free digital subscriptions to Rapid, Adventure Kayak, Canoeroots and Kayak Angler magazines, a $39 value. In addition, expect to see super door prizes and a silent auction supported by generous local businesses!
You’ll enjoy many great films with plenty of variety; the playlist final selection will be posted 10 days ahead of the event at www.skabc.org
Please note: This is not an event that is organized by the VOC, but rather is being advertised to members in case they are interested.