VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Victoria day long weekend climbing trip to Skaha · Sat. May. 16th - Mon. May. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 16th
End: Monday, May. 18th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email faff
UPDATE: We are changing the trip destination to Skaha
UPDATE: I just realized my US tourist visa expires on Friday. This means I can no longer lead this trip to Vantage. I am thinking of changing the location to Skaha so I can go, but I realize some people signed up because they want to go to Vantage. To accommodate this, I have created a poll on the message board so we can all decide whether we are all ok with going to Skaha or if someone else can take over the leadership for the Vantage trip. To take the poll go to http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,112053,112053#msg-112053
Vantage is too far away for a regular weekend trip and too hot for the mid summer, so what better time to go climbing there than the Victoria day long weekend?
Hopefully many of you went to Son of Rock and are now ready to show off some new skills.
Depending on the drivers, we might leave on Friday evening or Saturday morning and come back on Monday afternoon. Since this is a Canadian holiday, Monday is the best day to climb since all the locals will be back at work.
This is a beginer friendly trip, but it is NOT an instructional trip. You should know how to set up a belay and anchors or be with someone who does. Note that there is not much top roping in this area. It is mostly sport climbing, although the more experienced climbers should be able to set up top ropes for those who don't know how to lead.
Pre-trip meeting location is TBD. I live far away from campus, so depending on the group size we might have a trip meeting off campus - likely at a beach to enjoy the sun - or just organize this over email.