VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
HMVDITTRAH - 5th Annual How Many VOC'ers Does It Take To Replace A Helicopter [Brew Workhike] · Sat. Jul. 15th - Sun. Jul. 16th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 15th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 16th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room / Zoom
Objective: You and a bunch of fellow VOC'ers will lug up hopefully 10 to 15kg (Realistically) of wood to replenish our Brew Hut Wood Supply.
How?: Possibly have a couple of teams. (1) Dinner Squad (Make it to the hut and prepare dinner for everyone), (2) Bag Squad (Help Carry people's bags), (3) Wood Squad (Soley carry loads of wood). We might take turns where some people do multiple rounds.
Reality: Pretty tiring, Sweaty, Hot. Probably some singing along the trail and in the hut. Tons of fun and a great chance to meet other VOC'ers and visit our beautiful huts. Workhikes help you rent gear!
Useful Items: Bug Spray (Lots of Bugs), Sunglasses, Wide-brimmed hut, Extra ropes to tie things, and Work gloves. Thanks to Roland Burton for these tips
- Bring plenty of water and tons of snacks
- Bring your most oversized bag and try to pack light. You can sleep in the hut. Follow the VOC summer packing guide.
- This will be a tough work hike, not much sightseeing or lazying around. Be prepared to do hard work.
- We might cut some wood near the lake as well, Please let me know if you have chainsaw experience.
Posted: 2023-05-09 19:46:06
Last modified: 2023-05-09 19:47:40