Archive:Brew Hut Rebuild/Prefab Construction
(Redirected from Brew Hut Rebuild/Prefab Construction)
Currently supervised by Roland (we are working in his back yard).
Construction is usually at Saturday from 10am - 4pm and Sunday from 12pm - 4pm.
General tasks to do:
- Build walls
- Build/ buy windows
- Roof framer: Cut rafters and ridge board, etc. Gussets and/or collarties and/or hurricane ties. Additional wood for this?
- Floor platforms, joists are all cut to size.
- T&G Plywood cut, but it is low quality and has lots of little holes where knots have come out of it.
- Attic floor has now been painted with 3 coats of urethane paint.
- Main floor will be painted with urethane plus non-slip additive.
- Styrofoam insulation for underneath lower floor has been cut to size.
Walls and Windows
- Metal door has been bought and painted.
- 3 Windows by Roland: One window is ready to fly; two others nearly ready
- 4 windows by Scott and Ross Nelson: As of May 8th, all 4 frames are built and we are ready to order glass. 2 end wall windows will open on door hinges, and the 2 windows for above the cooking area will open outwards at the bottom (awning style).
- Shear strength of end walls is a concern.
- Wind load on the hut for high winds is unknown.
- Shutters for windows on main floor - upstairs as well?
- Need to purchase hurricane ties, metal roofing material and flashings
- Sleeping bench
- Cooking counter
- wood stove