VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mount Hanover Day Trip (Moderately Friendly Hike) · Saturday, July 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Weather
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 25th, 6:00 am
[CANCELED] - Due to rain all weekend.
Mount Hanover is located on the North end of the Howe Sound Crest Trail. There are two ways of getting to Mount Hanover from the Howe Sound Crest Trail. One, from Lions Bay where The Lions, Mount Brunswick and Mount Harvey are accessed (shown on Vancouver Hiatus which I was not planning on taking), and two, Deeks Lake Trail. I am looking to do it from the Deeks Lake Trail and we will be accessing it from the Porteau Road exit and park at the large trailhead parking. This is so we can go by Deeks Lake (2hours in), Lake Hanover (2.5 Hours in) and Lake Brunswick!
While most of the trail is in the forest, there is a moderate scramble with moderate exposure to scale the peak. Therefore, you must feel comfortable with scrambling.
Notes of Interest: Passing by Deeks Lake, Lake Hanover, and Lake Brunswick! Panoramic view including the Lions, Brunswick Mountain, Howe Sound, the Tantalus Range, Sky Pilot, Garabaldi and more!
Further note: There will be no trip meeting for this. This is an intermediate hike because it is a day trip that will take us probably 7-10 hours, and we will be going at a 'slow, but consistant pace.' I'd like to start early to beat the heat, so im planning on being at the trail head around 6 or 7 (to be further discussed) Be prepared for some emails from me about organizing rides + some faff.
Important things to bring are: Day bag, Hikers, Lunch, Snack, 1-2 Litres of water