VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Black Tusk in a Day ((fit) Beginner Friendly Hike) · Saturday, August 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 1st, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: per e-mail
The hike is rated as difficult due to the distance and elevation gain, but it's still mostly (not too technical) hiking. The last part includes some scrambling when we finish at the base of the peak and apparently there are lots of loose rocks so we will bring helmets! Whoever wants can also climb the peak through the chimney.
I'd like to hike up and down there in a day which will take approximately 10 hours. Beginners are of course welcome, but please consider the distance and time we want to finish, i.e. it'll be of help if you have some basic fitness (which I think is usually not a problem among VOCers ;) )