VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt. Fromme -Mountain Bike - Train & Play (All Levels Welcome) · Saturday, August 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 22nd, 9:30 am
***Please note the TIME CHANGE. We are meeting at 0930 to accomodate bike rental people.
This is a followup on Katie’s message thread on the lack of Mountain Biking VOC trips….so…here’s one!
Train and play means that we will be spending some portion of the trip learning, building, and sharing the fundamental techniques of mountain biking with each other, with the remaining portion shredding (biking).
The techniques we will go over will largely depend on the average skill level attending the trip, but some things include:
- Wheel Lifts (Bunny, Manual, Rear/Front, Level)
- Cornering (Flat)
- Pedalling (Full, quarter)
- Bike positioning (Ascending/Descending/Level/Bike-Body Separation)
- Braking (Ride don’t Slide!)
- Technical Climbing (I am horrible at this FYI)
- Drop offs/Step-Ups
- Skinnies/Log Rides/Teeters/Rock Gardens
- Cornering (Berms, Obstacles)
- Bailing/Biting it (West Coast Bail FTW)
Mount Fromme is a great place to learn with an ample amount of choices for all skill levels. On the flip side it is a non-shuttle mountain, therefore you will have to bike your butt up to all of the trail heads, so make sure you stay hydrated, fuelled, and stretch prior to starting.
If you would like to co-lead I would love the help, we may have to split into diff groups depending on skill levels and numbers and I would love some team leaders to ensure everyone is safe and having a good time.
Saturday, August 22, 0930 @ the second yellow gate near the bathrooms and water towers. There is a parking lot just below the second gate you may park at.
Below is a reference guide if you're unsure of your skill level