VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Transit accessible beginner friendly day hike up Mount Gardner (Bowen Island) · Saturday, September 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 5th
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Just found out this may be my last free weekend for a while, so let's day trip!
This trip is completely public transit accessible. The plan is to meet downtown Vancouver around 7:20am, then take the 257 bus to Horseshoe Bay.
We can catch the 9:05am ferry, and from there it's about a 20 minute ferry ride to Bowen Island. Looks to be about a 5 hour hike roundtrip up Mt. Gardner, with 719m elevation. You can bring food to share at the top if you feel so inclined. We could even grab some brews at the pub by the ferry terminal afterwards. c:
Due to the last minute nature of this trip, there will be no pretrip meeting. But I'll send out an email, and sign up people as going on Friday. Message me if you have any questions!