VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hike the Golden Larches - Mt. Frosty Beginner Friendly Overnight · Sat. Oct. 17th - Sun. Oct. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 17th
End: Sunday, Oct. 18th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom MAP
Let's head up Mt. Frosty in Manning Park! We will hike through a larch forest that has some trees that are over 2,000 years old. Hopefully the trees will still have their golden needles on them.
The hike will be 22 or 27.5 km over two days, with 1100 - 1200 m of total elevation gain.
On Saturday evening, we will share desserts, ideally home baked goodies.
Photo from the summit. From: http://www.caminomyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Yellow-Larches-from-Summit-Tarn-Mount-Frosty-Manning-Park-BC-s.jpg