VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Day Hike to the Lions · Sunday, November 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 8th, 9:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Hi guys! I would like to plan a day hike for those who are unable to perhaps go up to the Brew Hut overnight. I can't make it to the pre-trip meeting but I want to get outside this weekend and therefore would be willing to do a day hike.
Depending on the weather, safety and snow level I would like to do the Lions! I haven't done it before and would love to try. I am planning to go up from the Howe Sound side. Let me know if you are interested or if the weather may make the hike unsafe. We may not make it up to the top but we may as well try!
*EDIT* I have changed the date of the trip to Sunday because the weather will be less rainy. Make sure you have good, sturdy hiking shoes. This is going to be a long, difficult hike but if you are an experienced hiker and are in good shape then you should be fine :)
*EDIT EDIT* (sorry) Scrabling up to the lion will be very unsafe so we'll skip that but we will get up to the plateau right beside the lion in which the views are equally great.
More info on the hike here: http://vancouverhiatus.com/hiking/the-lions.html
Hope to see you all here and sorry for the change of date. I hope that dosen't confuse anyone