VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro To Ski Falling at Red Heather (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Nov. 28th - Sun. Nov. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 28th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 29th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 25th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubs Room
Have you never been on skis before? Never winter camped? This trip is for you!
Red heather is a wonderful place to learn how to ski because it has very moderate slopes. However, skiing for the first time is challenging (especially if you are tele skiing) and learning in powder conditions makes it even more difficult. If you come on this trip looking to learn how to ski, you should not expect a successful experience, but you should expect to have fun. Falling into powder is almost as satisfying as skiing through powder.
We will be camping at red heather (although not in the hut). It will be cold but if you come prepared then you will be warm (no promises). If this is your first time winter camping that is ok, I will go over the basics at the pre trip meeting.
We may merge with the brew hut trip depending on the interest
Fig 1. Accurate portrayal of what the experience will be.